PalTuition LMS is primarily developed in Linux using Apache, PostgreSQL / MySQL / MariaDB and PHP (sometimes known as the LAMP platform). Typically this is also how PalTuition LMS is run.
If you are installing PalTuition LMS in a Windows server, note that from php5.5 onwards, you will also need to have the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 installed from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 Visual C++] ( x86 or x64)
The basic requirements for PalTuition LMS are as follows:
- Disk space: 200MB for the PalTuition LMS code, plus as much as you need to store content. 5GB is probably a realistic minimum.
- Processor: 1GHz (min), 2GHz dual core or more recommended.
- Memory: 512MB (min), 1GB or more is recommended.
All the above requirements will vary depending on specific hardware and software combinations as well as the type of use and load; busy sites may well require additional resources.
These are just the minimum supported versions. We recommend keeping all of your software up-to-date.
- Latest PalTuition LMS upgrade.
- PHP version: minimum PHP 5.4.4 (always use latest PHP 5.4.x or 5.5.x on Windows - http://windows.php.net/download/).
PalTuition LMS supports the following database servers. Again, version numbers are just the minimum supported version. We recommend running the latest stable version of any software.
|Microsoft SQL Server||2008||Latest|
Client RequirementsBrowser support
|Browser||Minimum version||Recommended version||Notes|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||9||Latest||Version 10 is required for drag-and-drop upload of content from outside the browser into PalTuition LMS|